January 22, 2018

mixed media collage vrs painting

Hello
Did you know I love to mix painting and collage together.  I am
not great at it, but I love to do it.  I somehow feel that when you
do collage it has to tell a story.  I know there are no rules to collage
and its do what feels good to you.  But I need to tell a story,
even if its in my head.  What do you see here?  Here is what I saw when creating this piece of art.  I see Mrs. Duck (that's what we will call her) walking into town, thinking hum what do I need for theduck families dinner.

Ok that's my story, what's yours

lee


2 comments :

  1. Wow I was just looking at the piece of art you sent me a long while back...it was a similar style to this! A morocco scene, on the back you said you'd never been there but wished to go one day!I cherish that sweet piece of art! This young duck looks like it's in new York on a quest to find a club to wiggle it's feathers. ..or dance! Love it!

    Peace Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes you are right! Many times that artist IS telling a story and many times it's about the love of color...I think! When I saw this piece I thought 'Mrs. Duck wants to dance!' What a wonderful dance of collage!!!!

    ReplyDelete