February 9, 2018

Studio Woes

Hello, how have you all been.  Been busy around here, just
doing daily life stuff.  You know the stuff you have to do, but
really would rather being doing something else.  Like I finally finished cleaning out all the cupboards, in the kitchen and taking
stuff to goodwill.  I could have got rid of a bunch more, but the
hubster, kept bugging me saying, do you really want to throw that out.  I will have to get rid of that stuff when he is out of the house.

I have been busy working on a bunch of sketches.  The way I work is I also sketch an idea, then use markers to show colors, (like the lady above) then when I want to do more I have sketched the idea.  
I am working on a couple of painting at the moment.  I try to work
on a bunch at one time, then when one is drying, I have something else to work on. 

Being trying to blog at least 3 times a week.  One problem being I live such a boring life, I don't have much to say.  Just me and the hubster are not that exciting. 

Bought a few storage things for the studio, I am always in the process of trying to organize the studio.  I make a mess while
painting, do you? I try to be clean but it seems the more I try the messier I am.  But after I have finished I always clean up,  because I can't function in a messy studio.  One other problem is I want to paint really big, but I can't, no room in the studio to do that.  I thought about using the garage, but that is only in spring, and summer and little bit of fall.  And if your garage is like mine, its full of garage stuff on the walls.

Ok enough these crappy problems, hopefully I will have more to
say in the next post, I am off to the paint store, to get some paint and to get out of the house.

lee



5 comments :

  1. awwww Lee! Great drawing...she looks a little woeful tho...just a touch! Hey! let's have a look at that studio!! Have you thought about hanging the canvas on the wall and painting it that way? Do you have wall space in your studio? Let's have a look! Also have you thought about taking classes like at Michaels? They even have free ones...like paint spilling and things like that! What about teaching? I met a young lady who teaches at Michaels for free...they give her supplies...I would be happy with that lol! I would love to learn how you do all those patterns and textures!!! Or whatever other talents you have!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. uh lee...I think it's called pouring paint...my sister loves that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. the patterns and textures on this and all of your artwork is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Lee...you should look at JanettMarie on my blog...she is doing a large painting...maybe you can get some tips. she's painting hers on the floor. Another thing...how about taking some photos of some of your art supplies you use along with your work. I would LOVE to see that combination!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just dropped by and wanted to say hello. I like the drawing with the elegant lady and her sleek neck. Works in progress is always a favourite subject to blog about. Happy PPF.

    ReplyDelete