November 26, 2017

Sisterhood

In my family there was 3 girls, now my dad always wanted at least one boy to balance out the family, but he got what he got.  My oldest sister was 2 years older than I, I was the middle child, and my younger sister was way younger by 12 years.  So she got the
chance to be an only child.  I always wanted to be an only child,
never having to share with my sister, we used to fight like cats and dogs.  But I would never give up a chance to have my sisters in my life.  Now I have an only child, and I am kicking myself  , I did 
not have any more.  By the time I had a baby I was already 35, and 
then life gets in the way.  She always wanted a brother or sister.  But life gives you what you get.  Everyone I know only has one child, so it seems like the trend.

lee



3 comments :

  1. Oh I love your colorful birdies so so much! They made me smile all day today and a have choosen them my "Best-of-the-day" today. And yes, I have as well only one child although I wanted to have more but you are right life gives you what you get. On the other hand I have two sisters and two brothers and made similar experiences as you "used to fight like cats and dogs".

    ReplyDelete
  2. This painting would go on my list of favourites of yours...love it so much!! Yep I'm in the have an only child category... You know what they say...One is like none, two is like ten.

    Peace Giggles

    ReplyDelete